background

Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Trio of Cards

Sunday was so fun! The girls were all busy, and with Mister gone, I could create to my heart's content. As a result, I was able to craft three very different cards for the day. The first is the aforementioned sympathy card..
The papers are all from DCWV La Creme. The border is a die cut from Tim Holtz' collection. The With Sympathy sentiment is from the Jasmine cartridge

Next up is a creation using cardstock from LaCreme, but all of the other papers are My Mind's Eye. I cut out the motifs, and then gave them a little dimension.
Faux stitching is a black marker.

Finally, I wanted to try a card completely without using the Cricut (horrors), and since I don't have any stamping materials for sentiments, I started thinking about how I could achieve a message without! I also wanted to use Kraft paper as cardstock and to play with a little "grunge" All patterned papers are once again My Mind's Eye.
I cut out words, matted them, matted the card assymetrically (ask me sometime what a difficulty I have with the idea of symmetry...it is not in my nature!) and assembled; all edges were sanded to distress and I crumpled the mat for "love" and pop-dotted it for more dimension. Buttons are non-matching from my prolific button collection. I really like this card. It was hard to do this one justice in a photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment