background

Friday, October 15, 2010

A Good Deal and Wonky Happy Birthday Series

First of all, I have to report the really stashing good deal I got at HSN this past week. Fortunately, I don't have TV, which means the only way I can shop there is online; I can't get sucked in by any sales pitches! It was new-to-me how much they have in scrapbooking supplies. I'll have to tame my inner shopper. However, they were having a closeout on two DCWV papers--Latte and LaCreme. Both included the 12 x 12 and 8 x 8 paper packs for 9.95 each! Then, they had reduced shipping on the second item, so I got all of the above for about $27.00 shipped.
Here's the link to Latte: Latte Paper on HSN

Looks like the La Creme is sold out. But they have some other bargains, too, if you're in the mood to shop.

Next, MW requested a birthday card today for a friend of her's and SW's. He's a he ; ), so I couldn't make anything feminine, yet I wanted to have some "spares" for those times when a stash card is needed. So, I came up with what I call the Wonky Happy Birthday. Here are the details:

Cardstock is from the Paper Company Seaside Fashion Colors.
Embossing folder was Cuttlebug "Traffic Jam" run through the Sizzix Texture Boutique.
The dark blue rectangle was from DCWV Citrus Collection and cut at 5 x 1"
The Wonky square shape is from the Cricut Accent Essentials cartridge cut at 3" along w/ the shadow shape in shades of blue and lime from the Citrus Collection.

The mini brads are Color Bok.

I use a combo of adhesives--ziq glue pens, scotch liquid glue pink, and my pink atg.







No comments:

Post a Comment