background

Monday, November 1, 2010

What I Did Last Saturday...




As a newbie, I often feel a little at a loss of where to begin for a card idea. So, I bought this book for inspiration, and it really is fabulous. So many sketches and multiple ideas on pulling it all together. So, the cards I worked on this weekend are based on the first two sketches of the book, giving them my own color schemes and twists, of course.







The first card is made from leftovers from my "hi there" card from yesterday. I designed it to be an all-occasion card, thinking I could add a sentiment later based upon the situation. The flower is from the Potpourri Basket cartridge. The second card is my very first Christmas card of the season. Mister really likes simple, elegant designs, and I thought this fit the bill. Papers are DCWV Holly Jolly and ribbon is from Michaels. Sentiment is a stamp from PTI (I really need a new black ink pad--I only have old ones from when the girls were little.)




3 comments: