background

Monday, November 22, 2010

Two of my adult bookkeeping students are finishing up in their studies this week, so I made each of them a card to celebrate.  Blue and gold are our school colors, so I used some basic DCWV cardstock in those colors, layered them on cards made of white cardstock.

I heavily distressed the blue and yellow pieces using the CTMH edge distresser, as well as the sanding block and sandpaper from the CTMH distressing kit.  The stamp is a combination of two sets--the flower stem is from Flourishes, and the flower is from the Heart to Heart set.  It is matted on black, distressed cardstock.  I used second generation stamping using Pacifica ink to achieve the tone-on-toe flower look.  The stem, btw, is stamped in Desert Sand.  The Congrats Grad sentiment is from a Papertrey Ink sentiments set.   I also lightly sponged Pacifica blue ink around the edges of the white cardstock.

Inside each is an inspirational quotation on vellum

No comments:

Post a Comment