background

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Notepad Covers

I was given the notepad cover/pen set on the left from a friend (which I promptly distressed with coffee!!).  Isn't it fabulous??  Of course, I had to scraplift it for Christmas gifts this year, so I practiced first by making one for DD, MW.  One lesson learned is that it would be better to use 1/2" owires to bind it rather than 3/8", so I jumped online and ordered some for the next batch!


For both:  We used the MyCreations Cubes from CTMH and divided each of the sides.  This means that 3 notebooks can be made from one set of cubes. 
The monogram is the Baroque Alphabet.  The girls and I fell in love when we saw this stamp set--stunning in person-well worth the investment. 
Also needed are a pen for inside, a short length of ribbon, and 3 x 5 top-glued notepads, which I get in a pack of 12 from my local Staples. 

The notepad is glued inside and the length of ribbon is looped under the notepad when it is adhered down.  To bind, you need a Cinch or a Bind-it-all or similar.  I like my Bind-it-all b/c I don't love the round holes made by the Cinch. Totally a personal decision there.  People either love the rectangular holes or hate 'em it seems. 

Left Notepad--paper from CTMH Level 2 Magnifique paper set  and opaques.  The larger mat piece measures 2 1/4" x 3" and the stamp is on a 2 x 2 square.

Right Notepad--paper from CTMH Level 2 Mistletoe paper and pearl opaques.  I double-mat my monogram.

No comments:

Post a Comment